Sr. Sales Engineer
Sr. Sales Engineer
Multiple Locations: Boston, MA / St. Louis, MO / Detroit, MI / San Jose, CA
- Call on top channel partners, existing direct accounts and new OEM's to acquire new business.
- Identify new customer opportunities and determine needed resources to close new business and generate additional revenue.
- Identify and qualify potential accounts that match the company’ s product and application competencies, including company Killer Applications (KA).
- Plan and lead joint sales calls to direct accounts and Channel Partners per MMP, seeking new orders and maintaining customer relations.
- Develop & implement MMP's with each Channel Partner.
- Protect and grow existing direct accounts and newly transferred Channel Partner and OEM sales.
- Drive Channel Partner focused product sales.
- Drive IQ, Motion, A700 VFD sales through new ASPP distributors.
- Attain monthly and yearly sales goals established by management
- Oversee smooth transfer of direct accounts under $50K to Channel Partners and smaller distributors.
- Ensure smooth transfer of commercial and technical support for distributors (<$500K) to Customer Care Coordinator and the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
- Conduct monthly Channel Partner & Customer training events (GOT Motion, GOT MES)
- Review and prepare documents to meet customer specifications.
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge relevant to that required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Understand products, applications, markets and customers to better recommend solutions to prospective customers
- Represent a professional, ethical and socially responsible manner with customers.
- Successfully build relationships (internal and external) with customers to achieve assigned sales and corporate goals.
- Document activities in CRM and complete reporting timely.
- Forecast monthly and annual business plan showing projected sales and quotas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4 year Engineering Degree (BSEE, BSME) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years field sales and/or technical application experience
- Minimum of 3 years Application Solution Sales Experience at End User, and OEM customers
- Sales experience with some or all of the following applications is a Plus
- PLC’ s, HMI’ s, Industrial PC’ s, Software, and interfaces, Motion Control (servo) and VFD (inverters)
- Product knowledge/application experience in CNC, PLC, VFD, OIT, Servo/Motion products required
- Ability to excel within a developmental/Top-Down, solution selling model
- Ability to sell both direct accounts and through a distributors; understanding of distributor model
- Solid leadership skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and proposal writing.
- Organization skills to manage schedule and travel in territory
- Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)