Service Project Manager
Responsibility for managing service projects through to a successful completion. Lead or assist in the planning and execution of service projects for current and new assets within customer’ s facilities.
Meet project commitments on-time, on-budget and without deviation to target; ensuring we exceed customer’ s expectations and guarantee repeat business.
- Lead the planning and execution of service projects to meet the scope, time and budget objectives.
- Define the service project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
- Resolution of conflicts within and between service projects or functional areas
- Manage the service project budget, participate in resource allocation and forecast.
- Facilitate successful on-site execution of service projects and in conjunction with Science division’ s service resources, division’ s operations team and Regional Network.
- Utilizing the established methods monitor project progress and intervene with corrective solutions when necessary.
- Facilitate incoming troubleshooting requests, document in CRM, and follow through to successful resolution.
- Provide technical feedback to engineering with machine performance and reliability (i.E. ‘ Closing the Loop’ from the field).
- Manage the Continuous Improvements Customer Calls to review system performance, update open issues, document and execute on agreed actions.
- Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements.
- Leverage the CRM, ERP and other technologies to maximize the divisional capabilities.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology.
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of Service.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of company standards.
- Set and maintain departmental goals in keeping with company objectives.
- Make recommendations for quality and cost improvements.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Adhere to all International Standardization Organization (ISO) Procedures/Forms/ Work
- Instructions as well as department procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
(Health, Safety, & Environmental):
- Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
- Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned task.
- Attend all required Health, Safety, and Environmental training.
- Report any accidents/incidents, including near misses to your supervisor.
- Assist in investigating any accidents/incidents or near misses if requested.
- Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
- Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner.
- Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures.
- Applies progressive discipline as appropriate for health, safety and/or environmental violations.
- Advise employees of the existence of any potential or actual health and safety risks.
- Provide appropriate instruction for safe work.
- Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of employees.
- Conduct periodic inspections and audits in accordance with legislative and/or corporate requirements.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, prepare necessary reports and communicate to line management, health and safety personnel and health and safety committee.
- Ensure that all employees, including temporary workers and contractors, adhere to safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Support activities and initiatives outlined by the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- College courses in Mechanical Engineering, Technology, or equivalent experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Greater than three years of automation experience.
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD, 3D Solid Works, or similar CAD systems and business writing.
- Demonstrates strong multi-tasking, time management skills, while being resourceful and independent.
- Able to influence others without authority.
- Computers, including programs such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Excel, Word, etc.
- Fax machine, copiers and printers/plotters, etc.
- Inspection and measuring tools such as scales, calipers, micrometers, multi-meters, dB meters, etc.