Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job Summary: Supervise visual and physical inspection, and control inspection
articles and materials to comply with established standards of
quality, appearance, and other requirements. This includes the raw
state through various stages of manufacturing or after completion.
May involve using various kinds of gauges and nonelectrical
measuring instruments along with testing apparatus and
equipment for conformance to electrical and mechanical
specifications. Strive to institute acceptance and compliance with
the ISO Quality System. Ensure acceptable quality levels are
maintained throughout the manufacturing process.
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Essential Duties: • Supervise more than one shift, and in many instances, more
than one area of the plant which may include more than one
• Prepare budgets for the Quality Assurance Cost Center.
• Schedule all work and approve all overtime requirements.
• Supervise the receiving and in-process inspection areas, outof-
box audits, and the disposition of nonconforming materials.
• Approve samples before they are sent to Engineering for
evaluation and approval.
• Interpret specifications, appropriate standards, and display a
working knowledge of the products, associated products, and
• Develop test setups with proper test equipment and instruct
personnel on the proper methods of operations to follow to
ensure compliance to specifications.
• Perform failure analysis to establish root causes that result in
• Initiate corrective action required to eliminate root causes of
• Ensure that all quality records of inspection and tests are
• Audit calibration status of test equipment and provide support
to calibration personnel during the calibration process.
• Provide technical assistance to manufacturing, marketing,
customers, and suppliers as required.
• Communicate with customers and suppliers through travel,
telecoms, and other means including visits when appropriate.
• Operate as lead internal auditor for home facility.
• Monitor facility quality performance and initiate appropriate
• Generate quality reports needed to monitor facility
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements: • Business degree, associate’ s degree, or equivalent related
• Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed
explanation and discussion with customers and various levels
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be bilingual
when supervising facilities located outside the United
• Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office including Word, Excel,
Access, Power Point, and Visio.
• Self-starter with initiative.
• Supervisory experience a plus.