• Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale automation projects up to $6M in combined volume in order to provide a quality machine, on time and under budget.
• Serves as primary interface with the customers, sales, engineering and operations in order to identify and resolve technical, schedule and financial issues.
• Reviews high-level project deliverables based upon User Requirements and schedules/prioritizes them accordingly.
• Prepares and presents progress reports, schedule updates, project reviews and performance reports to the Director and Customers as required.
• Develop risk mitigation plans to prevent overruns to budget and schedule.
• Proactively identifies and manages changes in project scope, identifies potential problems, and devises contingency plans.
• Integrates financial data for multiple projects through the Estimated Cost to Finish process on a weekly basis.
• Develops the Risk Assessment Plan requirement of ISO 13485 via procedures within our Business Quality Management System (BQMS).
• Maintain International Standardization Organization (ISO 13485) standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manages to and exceeds revenue/profit goals set for projects.
• Recognizes Change Order opportunities and executes in a profitable yet ethical manner.
• Promotes aftermarket service offerings and spare parts.
• Serves as key leader/participant in team and client project level meetings.
• Keeps the stakeholders informed of all potential project risks for both the company and the customer. Escalates to the Director level if required.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors and peers.
• Proficiency using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, and MS Project.
• Assists in the evaluation and redesign of project scope by engaging the appropriate Subject Matter Experts in a timely and efficient manner.
• Possesses the appropriate automation experience to assist in problem solving and challenging solutions as presented by the team.
• Solid knowledge of automation/packaging equipment preferred. Must have strong project management and project planning experience/knowledge with demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion.
• Good organizational and schedule management skills.
• Possesses a basic understanding of our technical direction, preferences and service offerings.
• Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition.
• Captures and shares lessons learned and best practices throughout the life project.
• Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple automation projects.
• Anticipates client’ s needs and proposes alternative technical solutions where appropriate.
• Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
(Health, Safety, & Environmental):
• Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
• Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout or Alternative methods.
• Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
• Report any defect in any equipment or protective device.
• Ensure that the required protective equipment is used for the assigned task.
• Attend all required Health, Safety, and Environmental training.
• Report any accidents/incidents, including near misses to your supervisor.
• Assist in investigating any accidents/incidents or near misses if requested.
• Refrain from engaging in any unruly conduct.
• Ensure that equipment, materials and protective devices are functioning in a safe manner.
• Ensure that employees are working in accordance with divisional health and safety procedures.
• Applies progressive discipline as appropriate for health, safety and/or environmental violations.
• Advise employees of the existence of any potential or actual health and safety risks.
• Provide appropriate instruction for safe work.
• Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of employees.
• Conduct periodic inspections and audits in accordance with legislative and/or corporate requirements.
• Conduct accident/incident investigations, prepare necessary reports and communicate to line management, health and safety personnel and health and safety committee.
• Ensure that all employees, including temporary workers and contractors, adhere to safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Support activities and initiatives outlined by the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• B.S. In Engineering/Manufacturing/Management or equivalent experience (2- 5 years in automation project engineering).