Franklin Park, IL
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Meet with, or corresponds with, customers, sales representatives, distributors, etc., to ensure that the needs and expectations of the customer are fully understood and documented.
- Create conceptual design layouts.
- Create detailed machine drawings which meet company Standards. Ensure layouts are accurate and completed enough to be understood by production staff and engineers.
- Design, or direct the design of, mechanical assemblies and piece parts which function as required to meet customer needs, and which can be manufactured and assembled economically.
- Perform calculations as required to validate design decisions. Make notes and keep copies of calculations and reference documents which are used as the basis for design decisions.
- Ensure that machines and components are safe and/or safely guarded.
- Prepare and distribute drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information as will be required for manufacture and assembly of parts to build finished machinery
- Interact with vendors and third party vendors to assure proper performance of equipment obtained for the customer as part of a customer installation.
- Participate in customer meetings to discuss technical issues. Work with Sales to schedule final inspection visits, so all interested parties are included.
- Work with the Documentation Department to ensure accuracy of Maintenance manuals.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments as required to ensure the timely completion, profitability and proper operation of machinery being built.
- Provide support and assistance to the Technical Service Department as needed. Possible travel to visit customer plants may be required.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in designing conventional palletizers preferred or automated equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Solidworks.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal