Manager of Sales
Reports to: Director of Global Sales
- Manage and coordinate all activities of the sales operation in accomplishing objectives and defined sales goals, both short and long range, to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of company products/services.
- Work with staff and independent sales representatives to ensure adequate information is available to make decisions on pricing, services, terms and conditions, and sales concessions.
- Provide monthly updates to supervisor on sales and quoting activity vs. Budget.
- Recommend product modifications or improvements based on market information findings, technical service work, or sales personnel feedback.
- Prepare and recommend sales and expense budgets for assigned territories.
- Assist with and ensure implementation of Company sales initiatives.
- Design and recommend division sales policies, programs, and procedures.
- Recommend changes in the structure and organization of the group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to problems and opportunities.
- Evaluate current economic conditions and advise management of possible impact on the division performance and adjustments to policies and product development.
- Complete monthly review of travel schedules for direct reports and application groups.
- Schedule and lead internal Sales meetings and associated Sales activities.
- Travel in excess of 30% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) a plus.
- Minimum five years of sales management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to train, direct, and motivate people.
- General knowledge of business practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of electronics industry a plus.