Financial Analyst (Contract-to-hire)
Buffalo Grove, IL
- Provide financial planning and analysis through the process of compiling and analyzing financial results against financial plans and forecasts, as assigned.
- Assist in gathering, interpreting and communicating organizational data that will be used to in understanding the business and its operational needs in meeting performance objectives. In addition, to creating an organization's extended financial plan(s), s/he will also generate monthly management reports, analyze & model financial trends, under the supervision of others.
- Work closely with the Company’ s manufacturing and service divisions in preparing financial forecasts, semi-annual budgets / operating plans, as well as, concise meaningful variance analysis.
- will participate in the Company’ s financial quarterly forecast, semi-annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects, working closely with the Company’ s manufacturing and service divisions.
- will provide financial consulting and strategic support to management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, and other projects requested by management.
- Assist the organization in embracing technology that is intended to drive operational efficiencies within the Finance Department.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce meaningful analytical reports to assist management in decision making in areas like sales performance, gross margin performance, and cost and expense trends
- Perform various budget related tasks and assist in the budget review process preparing, collecting, and consolidating departmental financial data
- Work closely with the company’ s manufacturing and service divisions in compiling and analyzing financial results against prior period results, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in reconciling assigned accounts & reporting systems, perform limited month end close duties, and assist with the external & internal audits
- Provide timely performance variance analysis reports utilizing SAP and other reporting tools
- Perform monthly close procedures and generation of financial reports & analysis
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as financial analyst in a medium to large organization providing analytical support to management
- Proficient in Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDEdwards, SAP
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience using SAP FI/CO is a big plus.
- Experience with BW and BI.