Electrical Engineering Manager
• Assist in establishing design criteria to meet customer requirements.
• Design unit per design specification, sales design data, or individual customer specification.
• Coordinate electrical design efforts with the firmware/software engineer so the system will integrate properly.
• Direct the work of technicians assigned to a particular job or project.
• Evaluate design concepts through a theoretical study, a breadboard, and a prototype, with design reviews as necessary.
• Record design and test data.
• When the design has been confirmed, release to the Mechanical Engineering group with schematics and electrical bill of materials.
• Use standard parts and circuits when possible and calculate stress information on all components used in the design.
• Write Theory of Operation.
• Verify correctness of final schematics, printed circuit board, and bill of materials.
• Assist the Technical Writer to write the instruction manual and product bulletin for products as assigned by the manager.
• Estimate material and engineering effort required on jobs being quoted as assigned by the manager.
• Maintain current engineering estimate sheets and work schedules.
• Generate quotations in response to sales/marketing inputs.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
• One to three years of design experience preferred.
• Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.
• Proficient computer skills.